perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash mesh setup

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash mesh setup

  • From: "Remsik,Robert" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash mesh setup
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 17:21:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

https://perfsonar1.research-lan.colostate.edu/maddash-webui/index.cgi?dashboard=FRGP%20Mesh

That would be great!

Currently I'm trying to troubleshoot 3 things.

1) Why perfsonar1.research-lan.colostate.edu and perfsonar uwyo.edu
gives the error of unable to contact MA.

2) Why the tests are split across both halves of the dashboard; for
example perfsonar1.research-lan.colostate.edu and the two frgp.net boxes
have a green top, and then the frgp boxes to perfsonar have a green
bottom. Does that reflect who setup the test and for them to be both
green boxes we'd both need to be testing to each other?

3) I thought I had this setup to generate .jsons and then consume
the .jsons but when I try to add/remove people I have to do it by hand;
as the files don't seem to get updated when I run the generating
commands don't seem to update the files I'm expecting. I followed the
FAQ's search/replace for the MA issue in the .conf files; could that be
what's causing the .json and .yaml's to not be generated/consumed
properly?

Script I use to update the files by hand
#!/bin/bash

echo "Generating .json configs"
/opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/bin/build_json -o /var/www/html/frgp.json
frgp.conf
/opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/bin/build_json
-o /var/www/html/research.json research.conf

echo "Generating .yaml config"
/opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/bin/generate_configuration

echo "Restarting Services"
service maddash-server restart

Thank you very much in advance,
Robert