perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash mesh setup

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash mesh setup

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: "Remsik,Robert" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash mesh setup
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 09:11:31 -0400

> On May 19, 2015, at 1:21 PM, Remsik,Robert
> <>
> wrote:
>
> https://perfsonar1.research-lan.colostate.edu/maddash-webui/index.cgi?dashboard=FRGP%20Mesh
>
> That would be great!
>
> Currently I'm trying to troubleshoot 3 things.
>
> 1) Why perfsonar1.research-lan.colostate.edu and perfsonar uwyo.edu
> gives the error of unable to contact MA.

Looks like the read_url in your meashconfig for uwyo.edu is wrong. It’s
"http://perfsonar.uwyo.edu8085/perfSONAR_PS/services/pSB” currently but
should be http://perfsonar.uwyo.edu/esmond/perfsonar/archive/

> 2) Why the tests are split across both halves of the dashboard; for
> example perfsonar1.research-lan.colostate.edu and the two frgp.net boxes
> have a green top, and then the frgp boxes to perfsonar have a green
> bottom. Does that reflect who setup the test and for them to be both
> green boxes we'd both need to be testing to each other?

In general, yes the top of the box is the test with row sending to column as
initiated by the row host. This can vary slightly depending on your
configuration (for example, if only one side is capable of initiating tests)
but that doesn’t seem to apply here. Let’s get #3 fixed and come back to his
if it’s still an issue.

> 3) I thought I had this setup to generate .jsons and then consume
> the .jsons but when I try to add/remove people I have to do it by hand;
> as the files don't seem to get updated when I run the generating
> commands don't seem to update the files I'm expecting. I followed the
> FAQ's search/replace for the MA issue in the .conf files; could that be
> what's causing the .json and .yaml's to not be generated/consumed
> properly?

You need to run /opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/bin/generate_gui_configuration
(as opposed to generate_configuration) to get the MaDDash YAML. If you don’t
have that script run “yum install perl-perfSONAR_PS-MeshConfig-GUIAgent”.
Changing that should hopefully fix things.