perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash mesh setup

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash mesh setup

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: "Remsik,Robert" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Maddash mesh setup
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:27:43 -0400

> On May 15, 2015, at 7:12 PM, Remsik,Robert
> <>
> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to setup maddash instance to have 2 dashboards, one for our
> sister research universities(manual setup) and one for our local ISP
> organizations(mesh configuration). Each dashboard will have a grid for
> OWAMP and BWCTL. The idea being able to tell if any any site is having
> issues at a glance. I want to use the mesh for our local ISP group so
> we hand .json URL out and people can be auto-configured for all of our
> local ISP collaborators with minimal effort. Before I delve down this
> road too far; I wanted to ask if this would this be considered good
> practice or is there a better way to go about what I'm trying to do?

That should be fine. You can combine manual and automated meshes in the same
file. When the generate_gui_configuration script runs it maintains any
manually defined meshes so it should not be an issue.

> I got started on this road because the box I'm publishing my .json from
> doesn't seem to want to subscribe to that same .json. I haven't figured
> out if it's a same-source conflict or if it's something in the way I
> have the configs setup.

You should be able to use the JSON on the same machine where it is published.
If you need any help debugging please feel free to send any error messages
generated by the generate_configuration and/or generate_gui_configuration
commands.