perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSonar Best Practices

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSonar Best Practices

  • From: Michael Johnson <>
  • To: "Remsik,Robert" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSonar Best Practices
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:23:40 -0400

Hi Robert,

Generally the best place to look for documentation is
http://docs.perfsonar.net/

and it appears you already found the FAQ.

The best way to bring new boxes online depends on what you're trying to
accomplish, but many people use the netinstall to get started. Here's the
Quick Start guide:

http://docs.perfsonar.net/install_quick_start.html

I'm not aware of an "etiquette" guide or anything of that nature, but mostly it's a matter of common sense (don't run excessive tests against one host, etc).
Let me know if you have further/more specific questions.

Thanks,
Michael