perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 3.4 now available!

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 3.4 now available!

  • From: Andrew Brennan <>
  • To: Scott Bertilson <>
  • Cc: Aaron Brown <>, perfsonar-user <>, Andrew Lake <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 3.4 now available!
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 12:53:20 -0400 (EDT)

Yeah, sorry. I'm currently using an old IBM server that has no hard drive (LiveCD and USB stick for data), so I was using the FI to install to this USB stick. To add more trouble (although it's not part of the current bit of GRUB problems), this old (did I say "old" :) has a BIOS that isn't able to boot from USB ... so I'm thinking to use PLoP to boot from CD or floppy and have that then boot from the USB stick.

The enumeration issues might be why my USB isn't booting up past GRUB, but it wasn't clear to me (I'm a big fan of LiveCDs in general and avoid doing actual installs as much as possible).

Thanks!

andrew.