perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Building a perfSONAR box without the Toolkit.

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Building a perfSONAR box without the Toolkit.

  • From: Brian Tierney <>
  • To: Robert V. Bolton <>
  • Cc: Alan Whinery <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Building a perfSONAR box without the Toolkit.
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:24:37 -0700

On May 15, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Robert V. Bolton

> I just want to elaborate a little on what I'm trying to accomplish by
> deploying a perfSONAR box without using the toolkit. I'm in the process of
> trying to figure out how to deploy a number of server to test both
> bandwidth and latency through out a large geographical area. During this
> process I've discovered a few problems I need to solve that aren't
> currently being addressed by the perfSONAR toolkit. Here is a list of the
> challenges I've run into:
>
> 1. Server deployment and centralized configuration management.

Bob:

Have you looked at the new "Mesh config" stuff?

https://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/MeshConfigurationInstallation

> 2. Creating a centralized measurement archive
> 3. Central display of throughput / latency graphs

Have you looked at "MadDash" for this?

https://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/MaDDashInstall

Hopefully these will be useful.

We have plans to bundle things to make this sort of use case easier, but cant
yet commit to when this will be ready.