perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] [perfsonar-user ]problems about snmpMA service

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] [perfsonar-user ]problems about snmpMA service

  • From: <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] [perfsonar-user ]problems about snmpMA service
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 08:48:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

I installed and configured the snmp ma service under the instruction available
on http://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/SNMPMA .

I met with two problems, I would like to seek for help. Thanks!

Q1 In the configuration, How to set the endpoint? In the webpage, the example
shows the service endpoint is /perfSONAR_PS/services/SNMPMA. I wonder whether
it is the default path after the installation or Do I need to find my own
snmp_ma service path?
In my installation case, I cannot find a path with a naming like this.
Q2 t I use cacti to monitor the inbound bits and outbound bits from one
router and store network information as rrd files.
In the ‘daemon.conf ’ file, which lines can show me that snmp_ma service
will retrieve what kind of data from RRD database. In another word, how can
snmp_ma get these rrd files and then wrap the data. Is this related to the
configuration of store.xml (/var/lib/perfsonar/snmp_ma/store.xml:)

Best regards
ling