perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Building a perfSONAR box without the Toolkit.

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Building a perfSONAR box without the Toolkit.

  • From: "Robert V. Bolton" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Building a perfSONAR box without the Toolkit.
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 13:00:12 -0600

Thanks Jason. I was planning on using just a few tools on RHEL 6.

Jason Zurawski wrote:
Hey Robert;

We don't have a complete guide for how to do this, but there is some information here that will be useful:

  http://psps.perfsonar.net/start.html

Those that have taken this road before have noted that it can be problematic when attempting to use some of the RPMs due to version mismatches and the like (particularly if you are starting with something that != CentOS 5/6).  To prevent headaches we would recommend just sticking with a pSPT if you want all the pSPT functionality.  If you plan to just install a tool or two (like BWCTL and it's related libraries), the RPM method should work fine.

Thanks;

-jason

On May 15, 2013, at 2:47 PM, "Robert V. Bolton"