perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Having a simple problem with SQL MA setup

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Having a simple problem with SQL MA setup

  • From: Paul Gray <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Having a simple problem with SQL MA setup
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 06:59:42 -0500

On 08/11/2011 02:46 AM, Roland Karch wrote:
I have received the hint that your problem is likely related to Unix write
permissions on the file
/var/lib/tomcat5.5/webapps/geant2-java-sql-ma/WEB-INF/classes/perfsonar/conf/service.properties.
Could you try setting this to world writable and try again?

Thanks for the suggestion - file permissions appear to be the culprit.

The file(s) in question are owned by perfsonar:perfsonar, and set 644.

I note that tomcat is running as tomcat55:nogroup, so this is indeed problematic for propagating changes to these files.

Perhaps adding tomcat55 to the perfsonar group and setting these files 664 (initially) as part of the post-configuration process for the Debian installer would solve the problem.

I needed to chmod 666 the following files in order to push through the SQL MA configuration:

components.properties
service.properties
servlet.properties
wizard.properties

(all in /var/lib/tomcat5.5/webapps/geant2-java-sql-ma/WEB-INF/classes/perfsonar/conf/)

The configuration test still fails at this point, but that's likely because I haven't done the requisite stitching.

--
Paul Gray -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science /\\