perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Having a simple problem with SQL MA setup

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Having a simple problem with SQL MA setup

  • From: Paul Gray <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Having a simple problem with SQL MA setup
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:26:54 -0500

I'm attempting to set up a Debian-based perfsonar node from the perfsonar 3.3 Debian distribution image. On this node, I'd like to install
LS, # Intended to be the main lookup service for subsequent nodes
SQL MA,
RRD MA,
BWCTL MP,
and
E2EMon MP.

I'm following the admin guide here:

https://forge.geant.net/forge/display/perfsonar/perfSONAR+MDM+Administrator%27s+Guide

I get stuck at the configuration of SQL MA. But before dumping the error message that I'm getting, I have two simple questions to make sure that I'm not starting off with wrong assumptions:

First question relates to documentation: In the SQL MA documentation under the "Installing on Linux" section, "To install using Debian packages:" paragraph, the instructions deviate from the RPM instructions just above it by directing the establishment of the "rrdmaservice" user. Is it correct to assume this is a cut-and-paste error in the documentation, and that even Debian users should be setting up the "sqlmaservice" user too? (and an sqlmaconfig eXist collection?)

My second question relates to the fields in the SQL MA setup page (which is where I'm getting stuck with eXist permission errors): What is the appropriate URI for the exist database? Some references in the administrator guide use the format "http://${HOST}:${PORT}/exist/";, but the default reference in the option field under the SQL MA administration setup page is of the format "xmldb:exist:${HOST}:${PORT}/exist/xmlrpc". (This is on the first textbox of the SQL MA configuration page.)

ADVthanksANCE

--
Paul Gray -o)
314 East Gym /\\