perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Having a simple problem with SQL MA setup

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Having a simple problem with SQL MA setup

  • From: Chris Welti <>
  • To: Paul Gray <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Having a simple problem with SQL MA setup
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:45:54 +0200

As Sam Russel stated, it seems the permissions on the configuration file is
wrong.

I'd have a look at the permissions it has. If you just want to have
installation succeed, set the permissions
for this file to 666 and you should be fine (until the next error appears ;))

chmod 666
/var/lib/tomcat5.5/webapps/geant2-java-sql-ma/WEB-INF/classes/perfsonar/conf/service.properties

You should probably not leave the permissions like this, since it might pose
a security risk.

Good luck and best regards,
Chris