perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check

  • From: Brian Tierney <>
  • To: Carl Hayter <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 17:32:32 -0800

On Feb 3, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Carl Hayter wrote:

> I seem to have dropped off again, around the same time 01-02 PST. I'm
> running all of the default bandwith services: lookup service, bwctl,
> ndt, npad, BUOY regular testing throughput/MA, ping/traceroute target.
> Pretty much whatever is selected when you choose to enable bandwith
> services instead of latency services on the toolkit services page.

It's normal for your services to disappear from the hLS for a while after the
service_watcher script runs
with the --regular_restart option at 1am. This script actually completely
removes the database, as
we were having problems with database corruption after a couple days.

However this is not a problem, as all services re-register within an hour,
and the index service used
to generate global directories (e.g.:
http://nettest.lbl.gov/toolkit/gui/perfAdmin/directory.cgi
and https://stats1.es.net/perfSONAR/directorySearch.html) are based on a
script that runs every 8 hours,
and only removes services that are missing for a full day.