perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check

  • From: Carl Hayter <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 08:49:01 -0800

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 11:04:49AM -0500, Brian Tierney wrote:

> There is an updated 'service_watcher' script that should makes sure it will
> stay up.

Does this have anything remotely to do with my current problem:

After a couple of days running, my services stop showing up in the
ls_cache files (I'm assuming this is the same sort of data that the web
page is displaying). In my logs I see these:

2011/02/01 19:01:48 (18066) ERROR> XMLDB.pm:248
perfSONAR_PS::DB::XMLDB::openDB - Error &quot;Error: Db::open:
DB_LOCK_DEADLOCK: Locker killed to resolve a deadlock in
/opt/perfsonar_ps/lookup_service/bin/../lib/perfSONAR_PS/DB/XMLDB.pm,
line 231&quot;.

The only way I've found to get things back to being registered is to
stop the lookup_service and ls_registration_daemon, delete everything
but the DB_CONFIG from /var/lib/perfsonar/lookup_service/xmldb directory
and restart the lookup/registration services. After a few hours I'm
back in the cache for a day or two with plenty of:

2011/02/01 19:02:14 (18080) ERROR> XMLDB.pm:248
perfSONAR_PS::DB::XMLDB::openDB
- Error &quot;Error: DB_LOCK_NOTGRANTED: Lock not granted in
/opt/perfsonar_ps/l
ookup_service/bin/../lib/perfSONAR_PS/DB/XMLDB.pm, line 231&quot;.

I forget which version of PerfSONAR I started with, but I've been
keeping up to date (hopefully) with yum check-update ...

And I also installed remotely without using the CD install. Did a bare
network install of CentOS 5.5 and then added repositories and packages
copied from a VirtualBox install of the CD version and the
anaconda-ks.cfg listing. Aside from the problems I'm having with the
registration parts everything seems good on my end.

I'm currently visible on the web page, the only machines in the CENIC
group (University of Southern California) at https://raharu.usc.edu/toolkit
running lookkup and bandwith services.

Not sure if I missed some important configuration thing or what keeps my
registrations from working.

____
Carl Hayter
ITS - Data Network Operations