perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check

  • From: jim warner <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 18:17:24 -0800

I'm not sure I understand exactly what the lookup service is _supposed_ to do.
I think I rummaged through it and attempted to find stuff and decided that
reading the book was too much trouble. I should wait for the movie. I may have
picked up the idea somewhere that the global directory displayed on the
perfsonar page is not *the* lookup service and that if I really wanted to know
what what is the data base, I should start writing code. I'm not sure where I
got that idea -- if there are supported example applications, I missed the memo.

Also, I have found that there are things listed under "Global Performance
Services" that either aren't working or they aren't globally accessible.
So it is a list of places you *might* find stuff rather than a directory of
where stuff is.

And, yes, to answer your question, I think more of our servers (we have several)
should be listed. The screen shot shows a server that is globally invisible.
V3.2

Thanks -jim