perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check

  • From: Carl Hayter <>
  • To: Brian Tierney <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar Lookup Service check
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 14:22:38 -0800

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 08:53:05AM -0500, Brian Tierney wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2011, at 2:57 PM, Carl Hayter wrote:
>

> > I actually saw the script_watcher patch a day or so ago on another list
> > and have it applied, so I'll keep an eye out and see if the new version
> > helps out.
>

> I now see raharu.usc.edu running a bwctl server in the LS.
>
> Are there any other perfSONAR services running on that host? If not,
> the updated script seems to have fixed the problem.

I seem to have dropped off again, around the same time 01-02 PST. I'm
running all of the default bandwith services: lookup service, bwctl,
ndt, npad, BUOY regular testing throughput/MA, ping/traceroute target.
Pretty much whatever is selected when you choose to enable bandwith
services instead of latency services on the toolkit services page.

I'll check the troubleshooting link posted earlier, don't think the
script helped any. The diffs looked to jut be mysql database stuff.

____
Carl Hayter
ITS - Data Network Operations
University of Southern California