perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] RRD-MA in PerfSONAR 2.0 RC1 bug ?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] RRD-MA in PerfSONAR 2.0 RC1 bug ?

  • From: Frederic LOUI <>
  • To: Nina Jeliazkova <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] RRD-MA in PerfSONAR 2.0 RC1 bug ?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:20:43 +0200

Nina Jeliazkova a écrit :
Hi Frederic,

Thanks, I confirm I can now access Renater-test service. Here are the
observations:

1)"Retrieve all" suceeds in retrieving interfaces, but there were no
utilization data. After some playground exercices, it appeared that for most
of interfaces the last available data is from yesterday (Apr 26) morning. By
default the summary is retrieved for the last 90 min (this can be changed by
Time options menu) and therefore there is nothing to be retrieved.
Some of the interfaces are not properly configured, resulting in messages like

Yes, you're right. It seems that SNMP data collection has been stopped since yesterday...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<nmwg:message id="message1177660279_resp"
messageIdRef="message1177660279" type="SetupDataResponse"
xmlns:nmwg="http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/base/2.0/";>
<nmwg:metadata id="resultCodeMetadata_1">
<nmwg:eventType>error.rrdma.rrdjtool</nmwg:eventType>
</nmwg:metadata>
<nmwg:data id="resultDescriptionData_for_resultCodeMetadata_1"
metadataIdRef="resultCodeMetadata_1">
<nmwgr:datum
xmlns:nmwgr="http://ggf.org/ns/nmwg/result/2.0/";>RRDStorageManager.rrdFetch:
Cannot retrieve data from rrdjtool library: RRDFETCH failed: opening
'/mnt/RRD-RENATER4/snmp/7598_Debit.rrd': No such file or
directory</nmwgr:datum>
</nmwg:data>
</nmwg:message>

Looking in your ls output, 7598_Debit.rrd file is indeed missing. Please check
file names in your configuration file, there might be more.

I will investigate this point.
2)Attached is the traceroute output, with summary utilization for 3 days. I
guess the problems are still in misconfigurations and missing data for some
time intervals (e.g. the last day).
OK, I'll tidy and have SNMP data restarted.
Is there a way to have a HINT area (in the lower right, providing us USEFUL message:
For example:
* SNMP DATA collection might be stopped
* Last collected DATA tomestamp is ...
* etc.
Best regards,
Nina

I'll provide out the outcomes of your valuable advices.
Thanks again Nina for your support

Bgrds/Frederic

--
Frederic LOUI / GIP RENATER

Service de Suivi Operationnel / Metrologie & QoS
Network Operations Service / Metrology & QoS

Tel: +33 1 53 94 20 40 / Fax: +33 1 53 94 20 31
http://www.renater.fr