perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR 2.0 RRD-MA installation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR 2.0 RRD-MA installation

  • From: Loukik Kudarimoti <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Ben Perry <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR 2.0 RRD-MA installation
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 17:56:14 +0100

Frederic,

We are indeed very sorry to hear that even with the 2.0 release, a newbie finds it difficult to install 2.0.

If you could let us know which part of the installation was difficult, we will definitely try to work on it. About the problem that you are facing, to be honest, its one of the strangest we have seen so far.

Loukik.

Frederic LOUI wrote:
Ben Perry a écrit :
Can the powers that be produce a VMWare virtual machine image with
everything fully configured and ready to go? That way the users don't
have to worry about installation and compilation issues.

-Ben

Hello Ben,

This is my purpose to build vmware images... Make the installation simple, so each service can be replicated quickly.
However, I must admit that installing PerfSONAR is not so easy for a "newbie" (such as me ! :-( )

I will keep you posted once I manage to (finally) install this PerfSONAR 2.0 bundle ...

Bgrds/Frederic