perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Help for perfsonar1.0 installation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Help for perfsonar1.0 installation

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Jerome Durand <>
  • Cc: Vedrin Jeliazkov <>, , Szymon Trocha <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Help for perfsonar1.0 installation
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:12:06 -0400

Jerome;

Now the thing works. I had to rollback to my old configuration using eventType format. I just had to restart Tomcat :)

Some comments:
- it's not so difficult to install bu there are so many things it is difficult to understand how they interact together. For example the "restart tomcat" thing mighgt better be explained.

I will try to explain these concepts a bit better in the Readme.

- example configuration file, and request and reply should be given. It should be possible to test the service this way, before going to perfSONARUI

When installing the rrdma a config file (rrd-database_TEST.xml) is created as a part of the installation process, it should be placed in $PSHOME/perfsonar-1.0/conf. Did this not work for you? Requests and Replies as well as the test script (test-ls.sh or test-ma.sh) are used to verify the installation as well. I will try to make this more clear in the Readme as well, but if these did not work for you could you please file a bug?

- the environment variables should maybe be setup automatically by the installation scripts?

I can explore this option, but to do this properly the variables should be set system wide which requires root access. I would like opinions from some of the other developers on this.

Thanks again, I'll probably come back to you later with some other questions as usually :)

Thanks for the feedback

-jason