perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Help for perfsonar1.0 installation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Help for perfsonar1.0 installation

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Help for perfsonar1.0 installation
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:40:32 +0200

Jerome Durand wrote:
Hi all!

Is there someone who could give me a hand for my perfSONAR release installation? If yes I would be happy to have a chat/call this afternoon.

java / tomcat / axis / rrdtool are installed following the procedure
I just want to install the RRD MA without eXist support, therefore I didn't install eXist

My environment variable appear to be correct (see below) and I followed I think all procedures in Readme.txt.

Now I just want to know how to progress and really test my service. Is there a configuration file, and request file that I could use? Also how to test the thing with perfSONARUI? What is the protocol name to configure? Is that netutil or just NMWGv2?

Hi Jerome,

I would say that for the RRD MA the easiest way to check if it's running correctly is using perfsonarUI :)
If you already installed GUI you have to modify MA.conf file and add your service entry based on other entries or ask Vedrin how to do it. As regards you question about protocol PIONIER's current installation works with "NMWG2v2_netutil" and I think this is what you have to put there as the latest messages use it.

On the other hand you can use script test-ma.sh in ./perfSONAR-1.0/scripts and then check request and response messages in .perfSONAR-1.0/xml

Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Ntw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. (+48 61) 8582022
http://noc.man.poznan.pl ::: http://noc.pionier.gov.pl