perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Help for perfsonar1.0 installation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Help for perfsonar1.0 installation

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Jerome Durand <>
  • Cc: Vedrin Jeliazkov <>, , Szymon Trocha <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Help for perfsonar1.0 installation
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 09:38:21 -0400

Jerome;

Now some stupid questions... I'm not sure to understand what is the relationship between the perfSONAR package and tomcat/axis.

Tomcat and axis provide a way to contact the pS services; they handle all of the details when it comes to interfacing with network communications leaving the pS services a way to simply accept and respond to messages.
- What should I do when I change the config file? Should I reinstall perfSONAR1.0 using install.pl ?

You won't need to reinstall, restarting tomcat and axis will be enough.

- What happens if I want to restart tomcat? Should I reincstall perfSONAR1.0?

Restarting tomcat will not un-install a pS service, it will simply stop allowing it to be contacted until tomcat is restarted.

Also could you guys confirm I don't need eXist if I don't use LS at all? BTW is that possible to configure eXist using only text? The pS doc only mention we can do it using graphical interface...

The rrdma will function without eXist. It is possible to supply command line arguments to configure eXist (I used some of them when designing the eXist configure scripts). I will include on how to configure without the GUI in the next release and on the wiki (this is very important for headless systems).

-jason