perfsonar-user - Re: [GN2-JRA1] CVS snapshots support in PerfsonarUI

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [GN2-JRA1] CVS snapshots support in PerfsonarUI

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Vedrin Jeliazkov <>
  • Cc: GN-JRA1-list <>, , ,
  • Subject: Re: [GN2-JRA1] CVS snapshots support in PerfsonarUI
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 14:44:31 +0100

Hi Vedrin,

Vedrin Jeliazkov wrote:

Szymon Trocha

So you are saying that I should install the snapshot of 14 February in order to get rid of my problems?

If you decide to upgrade your Java RRD MA installation, it might be a better
idea to use a fresh version from the CVS (I'm afraid we haven't tested

I thought we had made a snapshot not to use the current CVS content.

[...]
That's a pity the changes are not compatible and what is so specific in my installation (even older) that all others work but not mine :-(

Well, I would say that the schema/namespace should change much less frequently
than what is the case up to now. Imagine changing some protocol every other
day and than developing applications, which can speak tens or hundreds of
protocol jargons... Let's try to keep this number below 5 or 10 ;-)

Fully agree with you. Your life (as UI developers) with constantly changing protocols is not easy :)

Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Ntw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. (+48 61) 8582022
http://noc.man.poznan.pl ::: http://noc.pionier.gov.pl