ndt-users - Re: NDT Installation Assistance

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: NDT Installation Assistance

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Zach Retzlaff <>
  • Cc: "''" <>
  • Subject: Re: NDT Installation Assistance
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:24:02 -0500

Zach;

The NDT server requires the web100 kernel patches and user libs be installed. The Web100 page has a good set of instructions for building the new kernel. As those instructions say, grab the base kernel from the kernel.org web site. If you are using the CentOS based kernel, then you will probably need to manually apply the kernel patches.

Build/install the web100 user library. Also install the libpcap development package and install the java SDK package (I prefer the package from Sun).

The NDT configure command should create the Makefiles. I have on the to-do list a task to update this script so it writes out a summary of what will be built. For example: If you don't have the web100 library installed, you only get the NDT client (web100clt). Send the list a copy of the output from the configure command and we can help you interpret it.

Rich