ndt-users - Re: NDT Running on AMD Athlon 64?

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: NDT Running on AMD Athlon 64?

  • From: Peter Van Epp <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: NDT Running on AMD Athlon 64?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:59:39 -0700

NDT itself works fine on 64 bit CPUs. I have it on a SUSE 10.3 box
(but we built it from scratch not the NDT CD) on an IBM P510 PPC quad
CPU Power5 box. I have another copy on an older 32 bit Athelon (also on SUSE
installed from scratch).
The messages you are getting sound more like a Linux / Knoppix kernel
issue (it doesn't recognize the CPU) than NDT. I have an Athelon 64 machine
(an HP s3300f in fact) at home and recently booted a Knoppix 5.1 CD on it
without problem (but not the NDT ISO, just a stock Knoppix CD). If you have
one around try booting the machine with a Knoppix CD (without NDT) and see if
that works. If you have someone (or are someone :-)) that can modify kernels
installing web100 isn't all that hard (we were raising the excitement level by
also installing the PF-RING mods which does make the configuration a lot more
exciting :-)) and I expect that will work. If I get ambitious perhaps I'll
pull down a copy of the NDT ISO and try it on one of the HPs :-).