ndt-users - NDT Running on AMD Athlon 64?

Subject: ndt-users list created

NDT Running on AMD Athlon 64?

  • From: "Murphy, William " <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: NDT Running on AMD Athlon 64?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:31:34 -0500

I am trying to boot the NPT v1.9 CD on an AMD Athlon 64 HP Desktop and I am getting errors like “microcode unsupported CPU 0” and it finally dies by dropping to a “very” limited shell because it can’t find the Knoppix filesystem…  I have tried a variety of cheatcodes and I have tested by CD in a genuine Intel laptop and it boots just fine.  Does anyone have any suggestions or can someone confirm that NPT works/does not work on Athlon?  Thanks…

Bill Murphy

Senior Network Analyst

University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston

6901 Bertner, Suite 432

Houston, TX  77030

(713) 500-9947, Office

(832) 594-0136, Cell