ndt-users - Re: Re: MDNDT: few questions

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Re: MDNDT: few questions

  • From: Matt Mathis <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Re: MDNDT: few questions
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:44:09 -0400 (EDT)

Nearly all of the time should be spent in the two data transfer tests. All
of
the other tests should take a few RTT at most.

If you are going to think about the control protocol, please look at the
protocol used by NPAD/pathdiag, which uses more or less the same model as ndt,
but has a number of notable differences. There has been a long standing plan
to merge to two tools/protocols into one, but we haven't been successful at
making it happen.

User documenttation:
http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/pathdiag/

Site admin/installing a server:
http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/pathdiag/siteadmin.php

Thanks,
--MM--
Matt Mathis http://www.psc.edu/~mathis
Work:412.268.3319 Home/Cell:412.654.7529
Evil is defined by mortals who think they know
"The Truth" and use force to apply it to others.

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006