ndt-users - Re: MDNDT: few questions

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: MDNDT: few questions

  • From: stanislav shalunov <>
  • To: jeremian <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: MDNDT: few questions
  • Date: 07 Jul 2006 14:17:46 -0400

jeremian
<>
writes:

> From this I can see that there might be some buttons or tabs that
> would control the macro behavior of the NDT system. So it might say
> "Test for common problems"
> "Test for NATs"
> "Test for Firewalls"
> etc

The requirements for the human interface are:

1. Ease of running tests

2. Ease of interpretation of results

3. Quick completion

Having user-configurable parts contribute towards goal 3, goes mildly
against goal 2, and very strongly against goal 1. I'd say it should
just probably do all magic automatically without need for user to
select any boxes or tabs or anything. Just waiting for all the test
to complete (as long as it is approximately known how long to wait)
should be easier than having to select the right boxes to answer one's
questions.

How long do all the tests run?

--
Stanislav Shalunov http://www.internet2.edu/~shalunov/

Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the
incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few. -- G. B. Shaw