ndt-users - Re: JVM compatibility?

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: JVM compatibility?

  • From: Matt Wilson <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: JVM compatibility?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:26:57 -0600

At 5:58 PM -0500 11/21/05, Richard Carlson wrote:
Hi Matt;

When I started developing this tool it was JDK 1.2.2. So yes, you can compile the applet with an older JDK or you can put something on the web page and let the user update the JVM software on the client. (ANL put up some text saying that if the applet window is blank then update the Java VM plugin.)

Your choice.

Rich

Hi Rich-

Intriguing. Thanks for the followup. After sleeping on it, as cool as it would be to have full compatibility, it seems better to run a supported Java version on a production server. So, we'll be going the ANL route, but it's always good to be informed and know your options.

Thanks!
-Matt