ndt-dev - Re: [ndt-dev] Final(?) Release Candidate for NDT 3.7.0

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: [ndt-dev] Final(?) Release Candidate for NDT 3.7.0

  • From: Peter Boothe <>
  • To: Sebastian Kostuch <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [ndt-dev] Final(?) Release Candidate for NDT 3.7.0
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 15:03:18 -0400

MLab is very excited about websockets and the _javascript_-only network tests that they enable, so if we can get websocket support merged into mainline NDT sooner rather than later that would be great.  We have found that, for an increasing number of users, Flash and Applets are no longer an acceptable solution - applets now cause horrendous security warnings and flash is disabled on an increasingly large number of platforms.  This leaves us a bit in the lurch in terms of how to get measurements from people running a web-browser until we get websocket support on the NDT server.

Also on the positive side, the websockets branch is fully unit-tested and end-to-end tested ('make check' should run the tests on your local machine), and it looks like it can be merged with no conflicts.

  -Peter