mace-opensaml-users - RE: Detecting "xsi:nil" in AttributeValue

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Detecting "xsi:nil" in AttributeValue

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Detecting "xsi:nil" in AttributeValue
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:20:15 -0400

> Ok, I can buy that. So is AttributeValue going to be extended to have
> an accessor method to something that reflects whether or not is it
> "nil"? AttributeValue's schema definition includes "nillable=true" (I
> believe the only element in SAML that does) and
> org.opensaml.saml2.core.AttributeValue has no provision for reflecting
> that.

Java != me. In my case, AttributeValue directly extends ElementProxy, which
is my "any" interface. That interface, among others, will probably get a nil
flag, though I would need to check that. If "xs:any" doesn't imply nillable,
I'll probably put it on the AttributeValue class as you imply.

In Java, I think you have to work directly with the various schema type
interfaces, that Any class being one of them, because that marker interface
isn't what would be available at runtime to you.