mace-opensaml-users - Re: [opensaml] Default Canonicalization Algorithm

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [opensaml] Default Canonicalization Algorithm

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [opensaml] Default Canonicalization Algorithm
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:20:28 +0100

I was talking at java-xmltooling. Encode what, I think, is a best practice (or a practice least likely to mess things up).

Brent Putman wrote:

Scott Cantor wrote:
In this specific case I propose we use the Exclusive w/ comment C14N
algo as the default.

Scott, Brent, what do you think?

My preference is for w/o comments, but I don't feel strongly about it. That
is my current default. Generally speaking I'm wary of people expecting
comment fidelity when my marshalling support won't allow it.

Yeah, I feel the same, i.e. no strong feelings either way. Having a default at the java-opensaml2 level sounds fine, and exclusive w/o comments would seem to make more sense since we don't support comments in the marshall/unmarshalling layer anyway.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities