mace-opensaml-users - [opensaml] Default Canonicalization Algorithm

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

[opensaml] Default Canonicalization Algorithm

  • From: Dimuthu Leelarathne <>
  • To: mace-opensaml-users <>
  • Subject: [opensaml] Default Canonicalization Algorithm
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:58:05 +0530

Hi All,

I think the new opensaml implementation is really good. It has good
javadocs and very intuitive.

I'd like to put forward my idea as a user. If you guys can set a default
CanonicalizationAlgorithm to the Signature object, it will be good.

I am saying that because when using opensaml-1.0 I was unaware of the
the canonicalization method, and when using the new library, in order to
fix a signature verification problem I had to read about the four C14N
canonicalization methods.

Thank you,
Dimuthu