mace-opensaml-users - Re: java-xmltooling build issue

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: java-xmltooling build issue

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: java-xmltooling build issue
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 08:55:53 -0500

This has been fixed. Thanks for the report.

Paul Hethmon wrote:
Ok, I wasn't sure whether to post this or not, but in starting to use some of the opensaml libraries, I ran into a build problem with java-xmltooling. The particular error was thrown on the compile of org.opensaml.xml.security.X509Util.java at line 206. The javac error was to the effect of:
No unique maximal instance exists for type variable ...
refering to <KeyType>. In reading about a similar problem on the Sun Java forums, the solution was simply to add a cast. So from:
return getKey(new FileInputStream(keyFile), passphrase);
return (KeyType) getKey(new FileInputStream(keyFile), passphrase);
This is using revision 247 of that file and 251 of the project itself.
thanks,
Paul
*Paul Hethmon*
*Chief Software Architect*
Clareity™ Security
SAFEMLS™ Security Education, Consulting and Solutions
http://www.SAFEMLS.com <http://www.safemls.com/>

<mailto:>
work: 865.769.0456
cell: 865.250.3517