mace-opensaml-users - RE: java-xmltooling build issue

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: java-xmltooling build issue

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: java-xmltooling build issue
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:39:07 -0500

> Ok, I wasn't sure whether to post this or not,

If you're concerned about my earlier post, my point is not to discourage bug
reports, but to emphasize realistic expectations. It should be abundantly
clear by now that this new code DOES NOT WORK YET. It's closer than it
appears (the C++ is actually pretty close to stable I think, some more doc
work is left to do), but it's not there yet.

So asking us to debug problems *using it* is not going to get a quick
response if it isn't immediately obvious what the issue is.

If you find a bug, the best thing to do is post it to bugzilla.internet2.edu

If you find a possible bug, that's still the best thing, we'll just close it
if it's not a bug.

But don't expect to post stack traces of your own code and get a one day
response of "here's all you did wrong..." because we're not in that mode
yet, and chances are you did nothing wrong, there's just a bug or the code
isn't stable in that spot yet. But we have to have the actual bug in our
source to fix it (i.e. what you posted) , or us tracking it down will
probably take longer than people are expecting to wait for an answer.