mace-opensaml-users - Xml-tooling unit test failures

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Xml-tooling unit test failures

  • From: "Paul Hethmon" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Xml-tooling unit test failures
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:09:59 -0800

A couple of further things on xml-tooling I've found. One, in the
build.xml file for the "test" target, at line 94, it specifies the
jvmarg to pass in the endorsed directories value. It is using an
attribute of "line" which does not support space characters in the
pathnames. Using "value" instead seems to clear this up for me.

Now that I got it to run the tests, I'm seeing some test failures down
in org.opensaml.xml.schema. I've got a failure in XSBase64BinaryTest and
XSStringTest and an error in XSIntegerTest. All of these relate to the
handling of whitespace in the test values. Meaning for example that "
1967" throws an exception on parseInt. The other two are both expecting
their test values to be space padded (before and after). Is this an
error in the test setup? Or am I using the wrong version of a library
perhaps?

In the developer docs, it states to put copies of Xerces and Xalan in
the endorsed directory (done), but doesn't particularly say which
versions. I've just grabbed the latest versions as of today (xerces
2.9.0, xalan 2.7.0).

I guess one other thing. On the junit line (93), haltonfailure is set to
true which ends up halting the test as intended, but does not leave me
any information on the command line. Setting that to false gives me the
unit test output in the doc directory which outlines the above errors.
Btw, my build environment is WinXP with JDK 1.5.0_06.

If these tests are just not ready yet, just let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Hethmon
Chief Software Architect
Clareity(tm) Security
SAFEMLS(tm) Security Education, Consulting and Solutions
http://www.SAFEMLS.com <http://www.safemls.com/>

work: 865.769.0456
cell: 865.250.3517