mace-opensaml-users - Re: OpenSAML 2.0 C++

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: OpenSAML 2.0 C++

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: OpenSAML 2.0 C++
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 08:44:45 -0500

Bart van den Oetelaar wrote:
Alright,

I got the library working now, and am able to create assertions and
stuff. But, is it possible to take this assertion and get the XML
representation of it so it can be used via SOAP or so? We've looked
trough the unit tests but are finding it difficult to see what must be
done to get plain XML..

The Wiki includes that information. Just marshall the object and then serialize the DOM however you want to, or use the XMLHelper methods.

There's also some built-in support for SOAP in the libraries themselves anyway. If you're using some other SOAP stack and you have to go all the way to XML and back to use it with this code, you're kind of killing performance.