mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

  • From: Manuela Stanica <>
  • To: Chad La Joie <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: SAML 2.0 metadata
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:33:54 +0200

Hi,

I just had something come up while unmarshalling openSAML2 metadata which I hadn't noticed it before. It seems like although the <AttributeValues> get unmarshalled without problems using the default unmarshaller (no errors are logged), when I try to read them using the getAtributeValues() method of <Attribute>, the result is null; no elements in the list.
Here is the corresponding test code:

for(int j=0; j<idpDescr.getAttributes().size(); j++){
String fname = idpDescr.getAttributes().get(j).getFriendlyName();
System.out.println(fname);
List<XMLObject> attrValList = idpDescr.getAttributes().get(j).getAttributeValues();
System.out.println(attrValList.size());
}
to which I get the name of the attributes in my document, followed by 0 - as in no elements in the AttributeValues list (although there are some in the provided document).
Any idea what this could be about?

Oh, well... now I've just checked out the last revisions fo openSAML2 qnd XMLTooling and they don't compile anymore, there seem to be errors like: Unable to configure OpenSAML: org.opensaml.xml.ConfigurationException: Unable to create instance of builder class org.opensaml.xml.schema.impl.XSStringBuilder for object provider {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}string. Apparentley connected to the AtributeValues as well. Is this part still in construction?
Thanks.

Best regards,
Manuela

--
Manuela Stanica

DFN-Verein - The German Education & Research Network
Stresemannstrasse 78, D-10963 Berlin

Tel. +49 30 88429929
www.dfn.de Fax +49 30 88429970