mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

  • From: Manuela Stanica <>
  • To: Chad La Joie <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: SAML 2.0 metadata
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:57:04 +0200

Hi,

I noticed that the openSAML2 and XMLTooling code compiles again, great!
I still have a question though concerning AttributeValues. I haven't found out yet how I can read the value of an <AttributeValue>. It looks like there have been some changes made around this, are they documented somewhere? I've looked into the code and found an example of how I could read this value and tried to do the same in my code, but it doesn't seem to work.
I have something like:
List<XMLObject> attrValList = idpDescr.getAttributes().get(i).getAttributeValues();
for(int n=0; n<attrValList.size(); n++){
XSString value = (XSString) attrValList.get(n);
String val = value.getValue();
}
Here I get a java.lang.ClassCastException: org.opensaml.xml.ElementProxy when trying to do the casting to XSString.
So how can I get to my AttributeValues..?

Cheers,
Manuela

--
Manuela Stanica

DFN-Verein - The German Education & Research Network
Stresemannstrasse 78, D-10963 Berlin

Tel. +49 30 88429929
www.dfn.de Fax +49 30 88429970