mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAML1.x or SAML2.x?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAML1.x or SAML2.x?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Pantvaidya, Vishwajit'" <>, "'Tom Scavo'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: SAML1.x or SAML2.x?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:48:02 -0400

> > > So basically looks like in our case the SAML assertion xml will be
> > passed through the URL parameters.

I think Tom covered the ground fairly well, but I thought I should point out
that for size reasons, you can't use the SAML 2.0 HTTP/Redirect binding to
carry a SAML response containing an assertion.

For that to be secure (i.e. useful beyond triviality), it has to be signed,
and a signed assertion won't fit on a URL in most user agents.