mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

  • From: Manuela Stanica <>
  • To: Chad La Joie <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: SAML 2.0 metadata
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:28:14 +0200

Well, I haven't made any changes and just checked out the last openSAML 2 revision from the SVN to make sure, but I still get the same error message while trying to load the saml2-metadata configuration file. The problem seems to appear in the validateConfiguration() method in the Configuration class, and says: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: UndeclaredPrefix: Cannot resolve 'saml2md:AttributeAuthorityDescriptor' as a QName: the prefix 'saml2md' is not declared. I think it's the same one I got yesterday.

There is one other things I encountered while attempting to unmarshall a SAML 2 metadata test document. (I did the test after having registered builders and unmarshallers manually for now.) The test document contains <AttributeValue> elements as children of a <saml: Attribute> element. At this point, the unmarshallChildElement() method of org.opensaml.xml.io.AbstractXMLObjectUnmarshaller tries to find an unmarshaller for the <AttributeValue> element but openSAML doesn't provide one... so an exception appears. (It all works fine when I take out the AtrbuteValue elements from the test document.)

Thanks a lot for your help.
Manuela

Chad La Joie schrieb:
Did you make any changes to the configuration file? Currently, all the configuration files do validate.

Manuela Stanica wrote:
I get another error now, saying: Unable to configure OpenSAML: org.opensaml.xml.ConfigurationException: Configuration file does not validate against schema...

Chad La Joie schrieb:
Yeah, sorry. Looks like I introduced a bug. I moved the directory containing the configuration files up one level, out of the test directory, so that it was clearer (I hope) that these are useful default config files, however when I did that I forgot to change the path in the test case. I just checked in the fix. Take a look at the SAMLObjectTestCaseConfigInitializer class and you'll see all I did was remove the "/conf" part of the path.

Manuela Stanica wrote:
Hi Chad,

I followed closely the instructions, but I get the error: Unable to configure OpenSAML: org.opensaml.xml.parse.XMLParserException: Unable to read XML source.
I remember that when I tried yesterday, there was another error message related to the saml2md prefix, saying something like the prefix was not declared. But today it seems that that xml document can't be read at all. Has anything changed, do you know what could be the cause?
Thank you.

Manuela

--
Manuela Stanica

DFN-Verein - The German Education & Research Network
Stresemannstrasse 78, D-10963 Berlin

Tel. +49 30 88429929
www.dfn.de Fax +49 30 88429970