mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAML 2.0 metadata
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 07:20:27 -0400

Make sure you have the latest XMLTooling and OpenSAML code. My guess is that your XMLTooling code is out of date.

As far as the status of the Metadata code. It should be pretty well complete with the exception of digital signature support. If you haven't taken a look at the OpenSAML 2 User's manual you may want to just review that.

https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/OSTwoUserManual

I haven't yet done the documentation on metadata resolution and caching but I'll be working on that in just a few minutes and it will probably be out there within 2 hours (if not I won't have time to finish it until tomorrow).

Manuela Stanica wrote:
Hello,

I am currently trying to integrate OpenSAML 2.0 metadata functionality into the project I am working on. In order to do this, I keep checking out the latest revisions of the OpenSAML 2 source code from the SVN repository into Eclipse. However, upon the latest compilation the code is still showing me errors.
What I am attempting to do at the moment is to unmarshall an EntityDescriptor dom element, and get/create the appropriate unmarshaller and builder for this purpose. One error I get here is "the hierarchy of the type EntityDescriptorBuilder is inconsistent". I've tryed to trace back where this comes from and got to the classes AbstractSAMLObjectBuilder and SAMLObjectBuilder, where I get errors for AbstractXMLObjectBuilder<SAMLObjectType> and XMLObjectBuilder<SAMLObjectType> saying these types "are not generic; can not be parametrized with arguments <SAMLObjectType>".

Any comments about what I can do here and about the status of openSAML 2.0 metadata functionality would be very appreciated.

Best regards,
Manuela Stanica

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg