mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAML 2.0 metadata
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:06:10 -0400

Manuela Stanica wrote:
Well, I haven't made any changes and just checked out the last openSAML 2 revision from the SVN to make sure, but I still get the same error message while trying to load the saml2-metadata configuration file. The problem seems to appear in the validateConfiguration() method in the Configuration class, and says: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: UndeclaredPrefix: Cannot resolve 'saml2md:AttributeAuthorityDescriptor' as a QName: the prefix 'saml2md' is not declared. I think it's the same one I got yesterday.

Hmm... Is the machine you're working from online? We've had problems before (which I thought I had fixed) where Java was making a call to an external site during schema validation. If that's not the case I'm not sure what the problem would be. The prefix is definitely declared on line 4 of the file.

There is one other things I encountered while attempting to unmarshall a SAML 2 metadata test document. (I did the test after having registered builders and unmarshallers manually for now.) The test document contains <AttributeValue> elements as children of a <saml: Attribute> element. At this point, the unmarshallChildElement() method of org.opensaml.xml.io.AbstractXMLObjectUnmarshaller tries to find an unmarshaller for the <AttributeValue> element but openSAML doesn't provide one... so an exception appears. (It all works fine when I take out the AtrbuteValue elements from the test document.)

Ooopss, another thing I have to document is the default object provider. Let me get this documentation out there and I'll point you to it. I'll also fix the config files so that they use.

By the way, thanks for all the feedback. It's helping me get this stuff whipped into shape. Certainly feel free to give me any comments you have on the documentation out on the wiki.
--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124