mace-opensaml-users - Re: OpenSAML 2.0: Initial Information

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: OpenSAML 2.0: Initial Information

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Chad La Joie <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: OpenSAML 2.0: Initial Information
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 00:00:23 -0600

On Nov 1, 2005, at 3:16 PM, Chad La Joie wrote:

Second, the Java code will be written using JDK 1.5 language features (such as generics and foreach loops). We will be using an opensource product known as Retroweaver (http:// retroweaver.sourceforge.net) to allow the code to run on JDK 1.4. This product allows us to use 1.5 features, but not 1.5 classes, so you won't see us using those.

I definitely support this. I've been using the JDK 1.5 features on a project for the last few weeks and it would be hard to go back at this point... ;-)

-Walter