mace-opensaml-users - Re: OpenSAML 2.0: Initial Information

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: OpenSAML 2.0: Initial Information

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: OpenSAML 2.0: Initial Information
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:34:22 -0500

Scott Cantor wrote:
Yes, OpenSAML 2.0 will support all versions of SAML. The current OpenSAML implementation will remain in it's current CVS branch and will be bug fixed, and maybe have new features added, for some period of time. In theory, OpenSAML 1.1 and 2.0, at this time, could run side by side.

That wasn't my impression, but I assume by this you mean that even though
there's some package overlap, nothing directly conflicts?

Correct. I am trying hard to make sure that despite some package name overlaps, classes themselves do not conflict. This isn't a promise that when this version is released this will be true, only that I'm trying to keep that in mind as I go along.
--
Chad La Joie 315Q St. Mary's Hall
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124