mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAMLResponse leak?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAMLResponse leak?

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAMLResponse leak?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:13:56 -0400

Correct. A problem was found (a memory leak) with Sun's XML libraries. We've now switched to Xerces 2.7 since it has full JAXP 1.3 support. Normally these JARs would only need to be endorsed on JDK 1.4 and below but a small error in the current Xerces jar requires that they be endorsed on 1.5 as well. I would imagine that the Xerces team would correct this in the next release.

wrote:
Hi, again,

Sorry about the missing source in the stack dump. However, we found
out that if we removed dom.jar, jaxp-api.jar, and sax.jar from
endorsed, we had no more trouble. We noticed that you've removed them
from the distribution in 1.1a.

So, our conclusion is that you always endorse resolver, xalan,
xercesImpl, and xml-apis (no matter if you use Tomcat 5.0 or 5.5/Java
1.4 or 5). Is that correct?

Best regards, Per

--
Chad La Joie 315Q St. Mary's Hall