mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML request signature in C++ and Java

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML request signature in C++ and Java

  • From: Gabriel López <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: SAML request signature in C++ and Java
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:20:23 +0200

Hi

The last OpenSAML code line executed during the process is:

if (!sig.checkSignatureValue(k)) {
throw new InvalidCryptoException("SAMLSignedObject.verify() failed to validate signature value");
}
in the SAMLSignedObject.java class
Where "sig" is a XMLSignature object and k is updated before in the code

if (sig_from_parse) {
k=sig.getKeyInfo().getPublicKey();
} else ...

The process never returns from the .checkSignatureValue(k) method and no timeout expires.

Now, I'm going to see inside the XMLSignature object, to see what is happenning

Regards, Gabi.

Scott Cantor wrote:

I am trying to generate a SAMLRequest in OpenSAML C++ (cvs version) and send it to a servlet Java (using OpenSAML 0.9.1) to be verified.

I should warn you, this is untested, and my limited trials with signing in
C++ were of mixed success. There are serialization problems because I
couldn't get the c14n support to work without crashing, so I think the C++
stream insertion routines for output may corrupt the signature.

But the message "request verify done" is never displayed and no Exception is launched.

Umm, based on your sample, that's not really possible unless the code's not
even reaching your try block, so I think you need to step in a little more
in the Java and find out what's happening. I'd tell you if I knew how to run
Tomcat under eclipse and debug everything that way, but I don't know how.