mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAML request signature in C++ and Java

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAML request signature in C++ and Java

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Gabriel López' <>,
  • Subject: RE: SAML request signature in C++ and Java
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:08:01 -0400

> I am trying to generate a SAMLRequest in OpenSAML C++ (cvs version)
> and send it to a servlet Java (using OpenSAML 0.9.1) to be verified.

I should warn you, this is untested, and my limited trials with signing in
C++ were of mixed success. There are serialization problems because I
couldn't get the c14n support to work without crashing, so I think the C++
stream insertion routines for output may corrupt the signature.

> But the message "request verify done" is never displayed and no
> Exception is launched.

Umm, based on your sample, that's not really possible unless the code's not
even reaching your try block, so I think you need to step in a little more
in the Java and find out what's happening. I'd tell you if I knew how to run
Tomcat under eclipse and debug everything that way, but I don't know how.