ivclibrarians - RE: Update on the "Videoconferencing Librarians Interest Group" Dec 8th meeting

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

RE: Update on the "Videoconferencing Librarians Interest Group" Dec 8th meeting

  • From: Rene Carver <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: Update on the "Videoconferencing Librarians Interest Group" Dec 8th meeting
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:14:59 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Hi all,

1) Please describe your past experience or interest in using
videoconferencing within your organization.

My role is to support all Distance Learning activity involving Interactive
Video Conferencing for schools participating in my service the
Greater-Southern Tier region of New York State. I support High School
classes, College classes, class-to-class collaborations, meetings, trainings,
special projects, etc, etc. I continue to see growing interest - despite, or
perhaps driven by diminishing finances - in making excellent use of IVC
technologies for the benefit of student learning.

For the past four years or so we have collaborated with the New York State
Office of Fire Prevention and Control to enable video conference trainings at
several of our districts. Our experience is that use of the school
facilities for such community trainings is a positive, synergistic use of
taxpayer funded, school based resources.

2) What's the most important thing you hope to get out of
participating in this group?

Most importantly my hope is that between myself and librarians in the schools
I serve we will significantly increase uses of IVC for literacy oriented
purposes.

3) Are there specific questions, topics, collaborative activities
you'd like the group to explore together?

Book studies, author visits, community trainings, class-to-class
collaborations, adults reading to children by IVC, early childhood literacy

Lookin' forward to being involved!

René
(have you checked out our DL/IVC website? www.gstboces.org/iss/dl )

René Charles Carver
Distance Learning Coordinator
10.172.32.71 -private H.323 IVC
24.97.222.160 -public H.323 IVC - as of July 19, 2010

Direct Internet2 capability exists for our western district :-)

"What are you doing today to make your dreams come true?"
607-795-5350 x1799 - v
607-342-4496 - c

607-795-5310 - f

GST BOCES
459 Philo Rd
Elmira, NY 14903
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email is meant for the use of the intended recipient.
It may contain confidential information which is legally privileged or
otherwise protected by law. If you received this email in error or from
someone who was not authorized to send it to you, you are strictly prohibited
from reviewing, using, disseminating, distributing, or copying the email.
Please notify us immediately of the error by return email and delete this
message from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.