ivclibrarians - Update on the "Videoconferencing Librarians Interest Group" Dec 8th meeting

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

Update on the "Videoconferencing Librarians Interest Group" Dec 8th meeting

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Update on the "Videoconferencing Librarians Interest Group" Dec 8th meeting
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:40:17 -0500 (EST)

All,

To date, we've had 40 individuals from school, public, academic,
state, and national libraries respond to the invitation to join the
inaugural meeting of the "Videoconferencing Librarians Interest Group"
on December 8th at 11am PST/Noon MST/1pm CST/2pm EST.

Many of you planning to connect to the Kan-Ren MCU have already completed
testing.

Those of you connecting to the MAGPI MCU will test in the next week.
For those planning to join via phone conference, additional details
will be forthcoming. Additionally, I've subscribed each of you to a
new
""
listserv to help facilitate group
communication leading up to the meeting and beyond.

In an effort to help us get acquainted, I'd like to ask each of you to
reflect upon the following questions and post your responses to the
listserv by Friday, 12/2.

1) Please describe your past experience or interest in using
videoconferencing within your organization.

2) What's the most important thing you hope to get out of
participating in this group?

3) Are there specific questions, topics, collaborative activities
you'd like the group to explore together?

Your insights will help us make our initial meeting as relevant and
productive as possible. I'll look forward to your thoughts.

I hope each of you enjoy a restful Thanksgiving holiday! In the
meantime, please don't hesitate to get in touch with questions.

Best Regards,
James

James Werle
Director, Internet2 K20 Initiative