grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Large scale template use

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Large scale template use

  • From: "Black, Carey M." <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, Richard Frovarp <>, " Mailing List" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Large scale template use
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 14:37:32 +0000

Chris,

Thanks for that unexpected feature.
I agree it will be useful to be able to programmatically create
and/or invoke a template with GSH for grouper admins. :)

Given your caveat about "GSH needs to be run from a UI directory"...
It also sounds like their may be other code not present in
the API/WS directories that would be needed to make templates work in those
environments. If so then that is unfortunate. I was thinking maybe a Hook
could "make assumptions about the inputs into a template" (maybe by user, or
some other logic in the hook) and trigger a template as part of an
API/WebService event processing.
Yet, I doubt that could work in the current condition. (
Maybe another enhancement idea?)

--
Carey Matthew