grouper-users - Re: RE: [grouper-users] Changing a userName(subjectId)

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: RE: [grouper-users] Changing a userName(subjectId)

  • From: Kumi Hagimoto <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: RE: [grouper-users] Changing a userName(subjectId)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 03:29:06 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks, Chris.

It turns out the WsMemberChangeSubject does work for what I was trying to do!
It was mostly my lack of understanding about the subject data source. I just
needed to simulate the grouper-ldap set up in my dev grouper installation
using the hsql sample db. I ended up updating the old subject id in subject
and subjectattribute table, so that they had the new subject id. Then I was
able to use the WsMemberChangeSubject to update the grouper_members from old
to new. But thanks for pointing me to the database - playing around with
updating data directly and help from the in-house grouper expert was what I
needed.

Kumi